We are Cornell University’s only Yoga focused organization on the Ithaca campus. We offer free practices led by registered yoga instructors and experienced members, meditations on the 8-limbs of yoga, occasinoal yoga workshops, and fun member meetups!
To come to one of our meetings please first sign our waiver here and click join so you will be added to our list serve- No experience is required!
- What is happening during COVID?
- Our FAQ section below was written before the pandemic. For the Spring 2021 semester, we will be holding weekly practices via Zoom on Sundays at 11am. Depending on how COVID restrictions evolve, we may be able to move to socially distanced in person practices later on in the semester.
- What do I wear / bring to a meeting?
- Comfortable workout clothes, water, a yoga mat if you have one, water, and a friend if you want 🙂
- Can I borrow a mat?
- Yes! We have available to borrow, message us before hand to make sure we can reserve one for you.
- What kind of yoga do you teach?
- A mix, our practice is usually a vinyasa style with a focus on power yoga and added elements of meditation and workshopping.
- When do you meet?
- Check out the get involved section for our semester schedule.
- Is there parking?
- If we are meeting in Willard Straight Hall on Central Campus, then you can park near the lower entrance of Cornell Health. Parking on the weekends is free.
- Is there any commitment?
- Nope, our weekly meeting is open to all, no matter the time of semester or number of meetings previously attended.
- Can I attend if i’ve never done yoga?
- Yes! Our general meetings are catered towards beginners. Let us know ahead of time and our teachers will make sure to provide additional instruction throughout the class to help you become familiar with yoga pose terminology. Otherwise we recommend you observe the teacher for visual guidance.
- What is the cost?
- Our classes are free but we may ask you to pay for additional club activities and resources (such as breakfasts & apparel).